ABOUT WOMEN IN AVIATION NIGERIA CHAPTER
Women in Aviation, Nigeria chapter is a nonprofit organization that encourages the advancement of women in all aviation career fields and interests. It was formally established in 2006 as association for women in aviation industry but later changed its name to women in aviation Nigeria chapter in line with the parent organization women in Aviation International (WAI) 3647 State Route 503 South West Alexandria, Ohio 45381.
Our membership includes Pilots, Maintenance Technicians, Air traffic Engineers, Air traffic Controllers, Business owners, Air Force personnel, Journalists, Flight attendants, dispatchers, AVSEC Personnel, Security Agencies , High school and university students, Aero medical officers, Airport managers and many others.
We provide year-round resources to assist women in aviation and to encourage young women to consider aviation as a career. WAI also offers educational outreach programs to educators, aviation industry members and young people nationally and internationally.
In addition, Women in Aviation promotes public understanding of the accomplishments and contributions of women in the industry
Women in Aviation mission is to empower women in Nigeria to achieve unimagined possibilities and transformations through technology, leadership and economic prosperity in the industry.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To foster, promote and engage in aviation education, particularly as it relates to women in aviation.
- To cultivate, foster and promote interest and understanding among the public in the accomplishments and contributions of women in Aviation.
- To establish, acquire and maintain information and material, acting as a depository for historical and scientific interest, which pertain in any way to the science of aviation, especially as it relates to women in Aviation. Materials may include the collection of books, documents, papers, letters, reports etc and maintain a library of such materials.
- To encourage the young ones to build up their future in Aviation.
- To provide a platform of connections, resources and opportunities for women.
- To Transform corporate and media perceptions of women.
- To demonstrate that advancing women directly contributes to the prosperity of all.
- Aviation for Women, the official publication of Women in Aviation, International. Published bi-monthly, it includes features on women in different facets of the aviation industry, regular columns on current issues, scholarship information, and job openings, calendar of events, organizational and industry news, chapter news, reviews of current resources, women’s health and aviation experiences.
- Annual Conference for women and men in all fields of aviation and aerospace. Member discounts available.
- Chapters in communities around the world.
- Regional Conferences. Member discounts available.
- Web site with the latest news, conference information and job postings: www.wai.org
- Government and industry representation
- WAI Connect electronic newsletter published bi-monthly
- Educational outreach programs
- Network base for personal and career development
- Scholarships in many aviation fields
- Merchandise and services discounts
- Aero medical Advisory Partnership